Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Just for Fish & Giggles

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Y’all! Ours was extremely enjoyable! Of course we did what we do best, hit the road to Delaware to mooch off Mom & Dad! Arrived Friday night, unpacked & just vegged since we were beat, but Saturday was a different story. 

My sister & bro-in-law recently purchased a new home, so we had the pleasure of going over there for the Grand Tour. The house is gorgeous, and I can’t wait for the housewarming party later this summer! My Mom-Mom bought a new house as well, and it’s about 2 minutes from my sisters. Once again we received another home tour, which is giving me the itch to home shop. We’re going to look at granite for new kitchen counter-tops so maybe a kitchen remodel will scratch the itch I’m having!! Mom-Mom's beautiful house is new construction, and I can’t get enough of that new home smell!


After all the home touring was complete we headed back to my parents’ house for some fun in the sun, fishing and playing with the new water table Sadie was given for her birthday. If you’re looking for a great gift for a toddler, I’d highly recommend looking into these water tables! The kids all had a ball with it!





The hubs and I both caught our first catches of the season. I also caught my first sunburn-OUCH!









The best man from our wedding, who happens to be my husband’s best pal took the trip down with his son, they arrived around the time we were enjoying the midday sun. Saturday evening was a bit more low key, we grilled and chilled out all evening.

Sunday morning we hit the beach, we do the drive up thing and it’s always a blast. My cousins and their kids were there, so it was more fishing, grilling, and playing all day long! We’re waiting for the newest member of the family to arrive come the end of August!











Sunday evening we travel over to Rehoboth Beach to eat at my favorite, Dos Locos. The kids enjoyed the chips and salsa, while the adults enjoyed the margaritas and chimichangas! Funland was next on the agenda, it was Sadie’s first trip on the rides and she loved the first two, the third not so much. 



By that point the kids seemed to be over it. On their defense it was late and they had a long day, so we swung on over to Royal Treat for a sundae and called it a night.
Monday was rain off and on all day, which lead to a good relax and unwind dreary Monday. The little ones still enjoyed that water table. We got in a few naps, packed up and headed on home till next time! Hope you all had an enjoyable holiday weekend, and remembered to thank all our service members.

“We’re the land of the free, because of the brave”


No comments:

Post a Comment