Sunday, May 15, 2016

Canvas & Cocktails

Tuesday Night I got to go out for a Girls Night! I was invited by my friend Stefanie to attend a byob paint night at Under the Moon Café (http://underthemooncafe.com/) on Farnsworth Ave in Bordentown. This was presented by Paint-a-Treasure (http://www.paintatreasure.com/#!home---central-nj/cj9n) located inside Dragonfly Farms in Hamilton.  I’ve been to a paint nite in the past and it was about $40-$45 and that just was the price to paint a cherry blossom tree. Tonight’s event however was $55 and included a meal, and appetizer and an entrée, there was a choice of 3 for each.
I went with the Patatas Bravas – fried potatoes, roasted garlic, siracha aioli for my appetizer since I’ve been to Under the Moon once before and have had the other option of the Beef empanada. The third appetizer option was a salad, of sorts I forget, the majority of the table went with that option. I enjoyed the Patas Bravas, it came out almost looking like cheese on top of potato slices. Entrée I choose the homemade Gnocchi – chicken (which was lacking), spinach, cherry tomatoes, and a gorgonzola cream sauce (I also pushed all the gorgonzola to the side). I choose the gnocchi over the Ropa Vieja, a cuban style shredded beef stew, rice and beans, at the servers recommendation. I didn’t notice anyone that evening who did order the Ropa Vieja, I would have liked to seen what it looked like. Most of our table went with the pasta, and a few decided upon the Fish Tacos, blackened fish, pico de gallo, lemon lime mayo. I have to agree with Nikki who said it best, “the food is ok, but it’s nothing that you need to come back for.” Again though, the meal was included in the price of the evening which was very comparable to a paint nite I’ve done where food was a la carte. In this aspect, I can not complain!


Our table of 7 ladies was the lively group in the bunch, but that made for all the more fun. The instructor Kate was awesome and very helpful in getting all of our sunflowers to look amazing! A great time was had by all, I’d highly recommend finding a Paint-a-Treasure evening with Kate.
I took my art work home, and hung it on a strangely placed screw protruding out of the basement wall in my husband’s mancave. I was just joking placing it there, but he liked it, and says my artwork can stay on display in his mancave! Thanks hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment