Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Playing Hooky with Hubby on Hump Day

So I woke up this morning extra tired, and the baby was with her Oma & Opa for the day so we decided to call out sick and do something enjoyable. We found ourselves in Philly, which is mainly just a foodie trip unless we have scheduled plans. El Vez was our first stop and as usual it did not disappoint! 

We started off with a pitcher of the classic El Vez Maragritas and of course the El Vez “Original” Guacamole!

So delicious my mouth is water thinking about it again. Brian would have ordered a second guacamole, but after our meal I had to be rolled out of there!

For lunch I ordered the black bean enchiladas, they were awesome! The menu describes them as caramelized onions, Chihuahua cheese, smoked yellow tomato sauce. That sauce! I don’t know what it is, but I scrapped up every last bit of it up with the remainder of our chips! Brian ordered the Crispy Mahi-Mahi Tacos, red cabbage, avocado, chipotle pepper remoulade. Hunger took over so I didn’t capture a picture of the meal, and neither of us offered the other a taste of our dishes, so we must have really loved what we got! There wasn’t a crumb remaining! Brian’s take on El Vez is it’s a bit pricey for just 2 tacos, and 2 enchiladas, but it was so enjoyable (You gatta splurge every now & again right?!) Besides we’ve been prior to this trip and we will surely be back!

We had to stroll around the city to walk off our meals, and do some shopping of course. I got two new blazers at Macys during the friends and family sale! I’ll be wearing them to work upon my Thursday return. I had seen these exact blazers as items others got via StitchFix, and I wasn’t sure how I’d like the fit. I find it so much nicer to be able to try things on a head of time, so this Macys trip was definitely not wasted. I picked this up in cream & gray, I’m loving the polka dot detail when I roll the sleeves. Absolutely adorable!

As we continued our stroll through Center City, our good friend Drew informed us we should try out Max Brenner for dessert. We had been sending “Be jealous” pictures of El Vez to him earlier. He knows better than to threaten me with amazing dessert! We found our way there with NO problems. After perusing the chocolate dessert menu a few times, and interrogating our server on his favorites and most popular choices, we decided upon the Max’s Famous Chocolate Mess Party for Two. A warm chocolate mud cake in milk chocolate ganache, piles of whipped cream (they are not kidding), vanilla ice cream, chocolate chunks and toffee sauce. Served with strawberries, bananas, and choco-pops. 

This was to die for!  Brian also ordered up an 80's Milkshake - which consists of milk chocolate ganache, vanilla ice cream and a  crunchy chocolate shell. So delish! 

To say we enjoyed every last bite would be an understatement, and I’m already looking forward to going back. I know without a doubt my daughter will love her experience here!  


Have you been to Max Brenner or El Vez? What’s your favorite dishes? Any recommendations for us to check out on our next Philly outing?

No comments:

Post a Comment