Sunday, May 15, 2016

I need to PoP some tags, only got Old stuff in my Closet

(Sing the Title to the tune of Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop”)
This blog has been a long time coming, I've been meaning to post about this since January! As they say, better late then never...

So it finally happened! I caved and decided to try Stitch Fix! My cousin has been using Stich Fix for a few years now, as has a co-worker, and I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about it. With a baby and a full time job I really don’t have the time for shopping. Besides the fact I’m not very good at it! I thought about it for a while and kept pushing it off, only to finally decide what do I have to lose? Except for some old outdated clothing in my closet! 

You see, I promised myself I’d “spring clean” my wardrobe if I got some fresh new attire. If you know me, I’m a hoarder when it comes to my clothing. The problem is I hold on to stuff that clearly doesn’t fit or has been long expired, because of the nostalgia attached to it. (Please tell me I’m not alone here?)

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, let me spin you up. You can sign up here, and when you do please leave me comments on how it’s worked out for you! You’re going to love it, I know I have.

11.  Sign up and get started with the Style Quiz – This will create a profile of your style, likes, dislike, body shape & sizing, so that your personal stylist can get a feel for you. There’s also a notes section to let your stylist know about personal likes and dislikes, and a section to add your pinterest board link. I highly recommend this, sometimes your stylist can get you an exact piece you pin, or an article of clothing extremely similar to something you love.

22.   You’ll pay a $20 Styling Fee when ordering your first Fix, which will be credited towards any or all items you purchase in your fix. StitchFix carries an assortment of clothing, tops, dresses, pants, jewelry, handbags and even shoes! Your Fixes will arrive as frequent or as infrequent as you desire. Five personalized pieces are delivered right to your door, and that’s when the fun begins!

33. Keep what you love and send back what you don’t want within 3 days, in the postage paid supplied envelope. You’ll only pay for what you keep! You’ll get 25% off your total purchase if you decide you love it all! Then I’d recommend you leave feedback on the experience, because it’ll make your next Fix that much better!

I signed up for Stitch Fix late January and scheduled my very first fix for mid February. I requested my stylist send me a top or 2 I could wear out & pair with my faux leather pants (which I now have 3 pairs of-LOVE)! A few tops for work, and maybe something for the warmer weather to come. I also requested no jewelry, bags, pants or shoes, I wanted to focus mainly on new tops. I pinned a bunch of stuff onto a style board for my stylist.

The following is what I received. Mind you I’m posting this a few months late, so I’ve really had time to grow to love these pieces!

Dreamers/Debut - Cancun Cowl Neck Pullover Sweater
Dreamers/Debut - Cancun Cowl Neck Pullover Sweater, Medium (Verdict - KEPT) $
I can’t LOVE this cancun cowl neck pullover sweater enough! Everytime I have worn it I get compliments, and asked where I got it at. It is so comfy and it’s just the perfect gray to pair with my faux leather pants! Did I mention I love this sweater?

Skies are Blue - Burgoyne Lace Hem Blouse


Skies are Blue - Burgoyne Lace Hem Blouse, Medium (Verdict - KEPT) $
I got this Skies are Blue black burgoyme lace hem blouse, and Michelle my stylist made a note that she had sent it for me to pair with my faux leather pants. Now I’m not huge on black on black, but I have yet to actually wear this with my faux leather pants. However I’ve worn it to work with gray pants. I most likely would have sent this piece back because I don’t love how it fits, but it would have cost me money to return it. (There’s that 25% keep it all discount working in my favor!)

Gillli - Mitchel Maxi Dress 

Gillli - Mitchel Maxi Dress, Small (Verdict - KEPT) $78
This teal and cream Gilli mitchel maxi dress I just can’t get enough of, the detail on the back is wonderful. When I originally answered my style quiz I said to keep my back covered. I was thinking more of wide open backs, and the bra being visible type of problems, I mean, No thank you! However this is PREFECT, just perfect. The bra is covered and there’s a slight show of skin I really like it, and the best part is I’m not sure I’d have ever scooped this up off the rack. That’s what I love about StitchFix, the removal of you from your comfort zone; for the better of course! Thanks again Michelle. Only wish was it was slightly longer. 

I also didn’t realize until a month later that the Maxi I was sent was the exact Maxi I pinned to my pinterest board just in a different color!

THML - Ariella Embroidered Knit Tank 

THML - Ariella Embroidered Knit Tank, Medium (Verdict - KEPT) $
So at first I wasn't sure how I felt about this THML ariella embroidered knit tank. I semi liked it because it was different, but I wasn't so sure on the fit. My sister talked me into keeping it, and I'm glad she did. She kept saying I am not up on the times when it comes to style. I've really grown to like this piece, I've worn it to work a few times, and I'm thinking it'll be great in the summer with shorts.

Crescent - Jardell Chiffon Overlay Blouse

With Pink Republic Cardigan from Kohl's
Crescent - Jardell Chiffon Overlay Blouse, Medium (Verdict - KEPT) $
This was also a sister talked me into keeping peice. I wasn't sure on the fit and style, but again she said "That's what everone is wearing these days", so I went with it. I think this Crescent jardell chiffon overlay blouse will look wonderful with shorts in the warmer weather. I've also worn it to work, I went to Kohl's and found a Pink Republic cardigan to wear over it for work. (excuse my necklace in the first photo, my husband failed to mention to me it wasn't laying correctly)


Breakdown

Merchandise Total = $306.00
25% off if keeping all 5 pieces = -$76.50
Styling Fee Credited = -$20.00
Total To Keep it all = $209.50

What are your thoughts anything I should have sent back? What do you love/hate? Leave me a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment