Sunday, June 5, 2016

May, Almost on time Stich Fix reveal

May means Stitch Fix #4 arrived at my door! This month was different than the previous months. I went out on a limb and asked for a pair of cute patterned shorts and maybe a solid summer top to match. A necklace for all the stitch fix tops I now have and a blazer for the same reasons, to wear on a cool day or to work over all my new Stitch Fix tops. Below is what was delivered to my door.
Stitch Fix Unboxed!
Once again though, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, let me spin you up. You can sign up here, and when you do please leave me comments on how it’s worked out for you! You’re going to love it, I know I have.

1.     Sign up and get started with the Style Quiz – This will create a profile of your style, likes, dislike, body shape & sizing, so that your personal stylist can get a feel for you. There’s also a notes section to let your stylist know about personal likes and dislikes, and a section to add your pinterest board link. I highly recommend this, sometimes your stylist can get you an exact piece you pin, or an article of clothing extremely similar to something you love.
2.     You’ll pay a $20 Styling Fee when ordering your first Fix, which will be credited towards any or all items you purchase in your fix. Stitch Fix carries an assortment of clothing, tops, dresses, pants, jewelry, handbags and even shoes! Your Fixs will arrive as frequent or as infrequent as you desire. Five personalized pieces are delivered right to your door, and that’s when the fun begins!
3.     Keep what you love and send back what you don’t want within 3 days, in the postage paid supplied envelope. You’ll only pay for what you keep! You’ll get 25% off your total purchase if you decide you love it all! Then I’d recommend you leave feedback on the experience, because it’ll make your next Fix that much better!
Bay to Baubles Camelia Pre-Layered Tassel Necklace

Bay to Baubles - Camelia Pre-Layered Tassel Necklace (Verdict – KEPT) $28
The necklace I was sent is nothing like the chunky necklaces I had pinned, but none the less it’s cute. It’s very different than anything I’d pick out for myself, that’s the beauty I find with my Fixes. It’s surely the style the kids are wearing these days. At first glance I was not loving the look of the faux leather tassel portion of this Camelia Pre-Layered Tassel Necklace, but once it’s on it is cute. I’ve actually seen another Bay to Baubles necklace I pinned and hope to see in a future Fix!

Kensie Rebekah Stretch Crepe Blazer
Kensie - Rebekah Stretch Crepe Blazer, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $88
So when I wrote my note to Michele I requested a blazer I could wear over all my sleeveless tops for work, and one that had a pattern on the inside lining so it would still look cute if I rolled the sleeves. Another thing to note was I stated I preferred the blazer to be black or khaki, I find these colors most versatile. I then went on to say I was leaning towards the lighter color since the spring, summer season was upon us. For whatever reason Michele elected to send me a black Rebekah Stretch Crepe Blazer, thank goodness! I say this with relief because about a week prior to my fix being delivered I purchased the same Kensie blazer in cream and gray! I’m now debating returning the gray and just keeping the black. Michele, you rock!
What should I do guys? I love the gray too, but 3 of the same jacket is a bit extreme!

Lucca Clare Scallop Hem Printed Short
Lucca - Clare Scallop Hem Printed Short, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $74
So these are the patterned shorts I got, I’ll be honest at first glance I was disappointed. They’re weren’t as bright and fun as I had expected. In fact I’m still not head over heels about the floral pattern. I love the scalloped hem line on these Lucca shorts, it’s different and I’m attracted to that. The other issue is the Clare Scallop Hem Printed Shorts come in S, M, L and not number sizing which I think is ahhhh if I have to make a call. The small fit, but are a little loose. The other thing is they’re high waisted which is far from my norm. Everyone I showed them to likes them, so I think they’ll grow on me, but I can’t get over the fact they’re $74. That’s really, really steep for a pair of shorts! I kept them because my Mother-in-law gave me a Stitch Fix gift card for Mother’s Day, or I’d have had to send them back along with a few other pieces from this fix. That gift card saved the day!

Alice Blue Ringo Keyhole Back Blouse
Alice Blue Ringo Keyhole Back Blouse - Back
Alice Blue - Ringo Keyhole Back Blouse, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $44
Michele sent this ALICE Blue Ringo Keyhole Back Blouse and mentioned it could be worn with the Lucca scallop hem shorts but I can bring myself to do it. Maybe it’s my body type but I feel the two look ridiculous together, not to mention the colors I don’t see working. This top is shorter than average on me, and it makes me a little self-conscious that you’ll see some love handles it I sit, bend over, etc. I’ve put it on with white capris and it looks cute because of the bright color. I’ve yet to see any skin peeking out, so maybe it’s the perfect length. I do like the details on the back, so I am keeping it. Also the fact that it would cost to return just this.

Market & Spruce Kesey Knit Romper
Market & Spruce - Kesey Knit Romper, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $64
This Market & Spruce Kesey Knit Romper may end up being another one of those pieces that grows on me over time. First glance I wasn’t digging the pattern, a little busy for an entire outfit. I have to say I was pleasantly shocked when it wasn’t too small, on the other hand I thought it was very loose for a size small. Rompers are completely new to me, so I don’t have a fit or style I prefer. I’m not quite sure there are a ton of different romper varieties for that matter. I showed this to everyone around me, and shockingly the likes were unanimous, so I’m keeping this one also, surprise, surprise right?! If you know of any rompers you think I should check out please leave me a comment! Let me know you’re thoughts on this fix, should I have returned any items?

Breakdown

Merchandise Total = $298.00
25% off if keeping all 5 pieces = -$74.50
Styling Fee Credited = -$20.00

Total To Keep it all = $203.50

No comments:

Post a Comment