Sunday, June 5, 2016

Fix #3 - It's All For Me!

This Fix I asked for warm weather tops and maybe another dress. I pinned a specific dress I had seen, because I would have loved to wear it to my cousin’s first holy communion coming up in May.  Without further ado…

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, let me spin you up. You can sign up here, and when you do please leave me comments on how it’s worked out for you! You’re going to love it, I know I have.
1.     Sign up and get started with the Style Quiz – This will create a profile of your style, likes, dislike, body shape & sizing, so that your personal stylist can get a feel for you. There’s also a notes section to let your stylist know about personal likes and dislikes, and a section to add your pinterest board link. I highly recommend this, sometimes your stylist can get you an exact piece you pin, or an article of clothing extremely similar to something you love.
2.     You’ll pay a $20 Styling Fee when ordering your first Fix, which will be credited towards any or all items you purchase in your fix. Stitch Fix carries an assortment of clothing, tops, dresses, pants, jewelry, handbags and even shoes! Your Fixes will arrive as frequent or as infrequent as you desire. Five personalized pieces are delivered right to your door, and that’s when the fun begins!
3.     Keep what you love and send back what you don’t want within 3 days, in the postage paid supplied envelope. You’ll only pay for what you keep! You’ll get 25% off your total purchase if you decide you love it all! Then I’d recommend you leave feedback on the experience, because it’ll make your next Fix that much better!

Renee C Aimo V Neck Top
Renee C Aimo V Neck Top - Back

Renee C - Aimo V Neck Top, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $48
Really like the fushia color on this Renee C Aimo V Neck Top, and how the back is a completely different design. Only negative I have for this top is I feel that the V-neck should be slightly lower on my chest. Being perfect spring/summer colors of course I had no choice but to keep it.

Fun2Fun Decker Mixed Print Spaghetti Strap Tank
Fun2Fun - Decker Mixed Print Spaghetti Strap Tank, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $44
I liked the pattern on this Fun2Fun top, and the shape of the back, but when I first put it on I was sure it was being returned. Then I realized that was a button on the top front, HA, had that not been there it would have been a no brainer return. Over all I am a fan of the Decker Mixed Print Spaghetti Strap Tank, design & cut.

Pixley Eileen Honeycomb Texture Knit Tank
Pixley - Eileen Honeycomb Texture Knit Tank, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $54
This Pixley top was right off of my style pinterest board. I like it, but I had pinned it in a light olive green color, which I would have much rather preferred over the Eileen Honeybomb Texture Knit Tank in navy. I’m weird in that I don’t like to pair navy tops with jeans, and since I live in jeans outside of work I tend to steer clear of navy tops. I also never wear navy with black pants, and those are a staple in my work wardrobe. I kept this top though, I thought about it and I’ll most likely wear it in the warmer weather and I believe it’ll go great with light khaki/bone or white colored bottoms. Thanks Michele, I’m giving Navy a chance for you!


THML Eric Embroidered Dress
THML - Eric Embroidered Dress, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $68
This dress, I just don’t know. I sent a photo of me in it to a few friends, sisters and my mom. They all seemed to like it, but I’m just not feeling it. I don’t have too much to say about this one, my stylist sent me it because she couldn’t get the one I requested. It’s the same designer, and she thought I’d like it based on a top I had pinned. I see where she was coming from, but I’m just not feeling this one. It’s baggy and does nothing to flatter my figure, but with a jean jacket on a cooler day it might work. I thought about adding a belt with it, but that doesn’t work at all. I did end up keeping it, again with my math, it saved me money to keep. I figure maybe I can find some mustard colored sandals to pair it with and I’ll give it a shot. At least once! Clearly I need new white sandals, these are very dated! Where should I begin my search for cute white sandals?!

Gilli Tom Maxi Dress - Back
Gilli Tom Maxi Dress
Gilli Tom Maxi Dress
Gilli - Tom Maxi Dress, Small (Verdict – KEPT) $78
Ah this maxi, at first I was torn. I liked the detail on the back with the little cut out, but I couldn’t get my eyes to stop honing in and focusing on the waist line. Where the fabric changes at the waist it seems to me like the fabric was sew on a slight angle and I’d have thought this was a mistake. I looked it up online on other Stitch Fixers and even on the Stitch Fix pairing guide card, they all show it with this angle. That’s when I realized it’s intentional. I sent a photo to the usual suspects and then response was 100% like, I thought ok they must be right, and I can pair it with a chunky belt. Well I have yet to pair it with a belt, and since wearing it I get comments left & right. I took it with me shopping and found the perfect necklace for it. I love it more and more with every wear!

Let me know you’re thoughts on this fix, should I have returned any items? How’s Stitch Fix working out for you? Any items I should pin?

Breakdown

Merchandise Total = $292.00
25% off if keeping all 5 pieces = -$73.00
Styling Fee Credited = -$20.00

Total To Keep it all = $199.00

No comments:

Post a Comment